Sunday 30 December 2012

My New Year's Resolution

Hi, I'm Daisy!  I am a Havanese dog and I am almost 5 years old.   I have a wonderful family and am also the famous mascot of Caledon-Vaughan Veterinary House Call Services.   I have a confession to make.   I am a dog and I know that dogs are supposed to love walking but I am NOT a fan!   I don't mind going outside but I don't like to walk very far.   When I've had enough I try to lead my mom home and if she doesn't follow me I sit and refuse to budge!  I just don't like to go for walks.  This is especially true if it's cold and/or wet outside.

But, alas this sedentary life style has caught up to me and I have gained a few extra pounds.  I am not alone, as the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association reported that rates for overweight pets was at 35% in 2005.  This is a real problem because just like humans, pet obesity can lead to a number of dangerous concerns. 


Of course I don't want to be unhealthy so I have made it my New Year's Resolution to lose weight.


Currently I weigh 6.5 Kg and my wait measures 35.5cm I have been eating 1/3 cup of a hypoallergenic food twice daily.  My food is measured with a measuring cup that has a black line at the 1/3 cup line.  This way everyone knows how much to feed me.  Unfortunately, due to my allergies I can not eat a special calorie reduced food do I will have to reduce my portion size and of course, increase my exercise.



Santa brought me a new warm comfy coat and so I am ready to commit to better health. I will track how far and fast I walk each day and post it here.  You will also be able to track my weight loss with me.     

I hope that you will follow me on this journey as I get myself back in shape.  I hope that I will inspire you to do the same with your pets as you follow along and watch for weight loss tips. 





Daisy  /(•.•)\




No comments:

Post a Comment